Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What Do I Want to Change & Can I Change Them? Why?

What do I want to change and if I can figure out what I want to change am I capable of changing it? When growing up with a parent that looks at life in a different way and living in a big city this comes across my mind every all the time. Many times I tend to underestimate my abilities to change my and other situations. Sometimes I want to change society's view on what life is but I came to the conclusion that every person in society can not change to my liking. There is to much diversity and cultures that plays a roll in people's view point.

Other times I tend to think about changing how many parents have a tendency of not allowing there children to make there own decisions. But knowing that parents are set in there ways and feel that decision making is up to them not the child, either because they do not know better. Even sometimes parents believe that even if the child is capable of making there own decision, the parent will always make them because they know best.

When I think of the idea of change I become scared. Many people have the resources to change anything in life but I tend to think because of my background and who I am I will never create change. I once read this quote “The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” ― Marcus Garvey, this quote changed the way I think about my wants and needs of things in life. Many of the things that I wanted to change has now changed. Ive learn to deal and cope with all of my issue I had with society. But I have also realized that my desire for change is not enough I have to have the education to create change to the things I feel is important to my morals and others.





No comments:

Post a Comment